March 20, 2014

Henley's Room Reveal

Welp. I had planned to post this in December. But obviously THAT didn't happen. So here we are in March and I'm just getting around to posting it. Better late than never, right?

Her room was an absolute labor of love for me. Some girls grow up dreaming about what their weddings will look like, but I dreamed about the day I could design a room for my little girl.

It all started with what I call a jumping off point. A blanket from Candy Kirby Designs. I knew I wanted Henley's room to be C O L O R F U L!! I never intended for there to be so much pink in there, but for some reason, pink was just speaking to me. I wanted her room to evoke certain words when someone walked in there. {happiness, love, whimsy & vibrancy} At the end of it all, I think I did it! I fulfilled my dreams for her room. I want her to grow up loving to play, read, sing, dance & find joy in that little room.

So here it is, in all it's beautifully pink glory! :)
**room details at the end of the post**
cute girl nursery
I really got my DIY on in her room, I tell ya. I loved being able to put my little touches here & there!

The Henley sign, Henley "HRH", Antlers, Flower Print, "I Love Everything About You" print, "You Are My Happy Place" print, Yarn Lamp, and the bow hanger were all made by me. It was a lot of freakin' work, so I'm happy it turned out!! 
girl nursery ideas

girl nursery

girl nursery
This chalkboard wall was a PAIN to paint, but I love how it looks. I hand drew the flowers on with chalk (obviously, chalk. duh).
girl nursery

ideas for a girl nursery
Yes, her initials are "HRH" aka Her Royal Highness. Hehe.
girl nursery idea

chalkboard wall

ideas for nursery

pink nursery

baby nursery

modern girl nursery
girl nursery ideas
modern girl nursery



CRIB: POTTERY BARN
ROCKER: LAND OF NOD (old) 
RUG: IKEA
POUF: CUSTOM MADE by my Mama
BOOKSHELVES: IKEA
BUMPER: CUSTOM MADE by a friend
DRESSER: THRIFTED & PAINTED
POLKA DOT SHEETS: TARGET
CURTAINS: IKEA
CHANDELIER: GREAT GRANDMA'S REPAINTED/REPAIRED
GOLD POLKA DOT WALLS: URBAN WALLS
"HENLEY" BLANKET: JENNIFER ANN DESIGNS
BLACK & WHITE TRIBAL PILLOW: IKEA
PINK POLKA DOT PILLOW: GOODS BY GRINN
FELT BALLS: HELLO MAYPOLE
BOW HANGER: CUSTOM MADE by me (check out this post on how I did it)
"I ADORE YOU" SIGN: EVIE IVY CRAFTS


If you have any other questions about where I got something, feel free to email me! jennathewife@gmail.com


It was ALL for this little thing right there. I think she likes it! 


Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Her room is amazing!! So beautiful. You did a fabulous job! I love the chalk wall, she will love that when she gets bigger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely adorable room!! i love the black/floral letters and gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did a chalkboard wall in the boys' playroom. It was SUCH a pain. My husband actually got his shorts eaten by the belt sander when he was sanding down the wall. It was pretty hilarious. But so worth it!

    Her room is beautiful. You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is AMAZING!!! come decorate my room for me please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so freaking cute! LOVE it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely precious! When I have babies, please please give me tips on decorating! We got married two weeks ago so it might be a while! But seriously so in love with all the thought, cherished moments and sweet memories made while creating this room or rather sweet haven for your babe!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you mind sharing your paint colors for the walls? The room turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I seriously A D O R E each of your comments!! Your feedback & love make my heart happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...