November 21, 2011

Let Them Eat CAKE!

Cake. Mmm glorious cake! Ooey, gooey, melt in your mouth deliciousness! Who doesn't indulge themselves in a perfectly crumbly piece of cake every now and then? I do it all the time..probably more than I should admit (but it's totally worth it). Today is all about cake (can you tell)!


Let me just say that I have made this recipe three times in the last month. That should tell you how much I love this recipe! In honor of Thanksgiving being this week, I thought I would share this recipe for Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake and maybe it would replace a pie or two at your Thanksgiving dinner (it's THAT good)! I myself am not much of a pie fanatic, so any alternative to pie is a win-win for me. I am also not much of a Pumpkin-anything fan either, which is quite puzzling to me, because I am in love with this cake SO GOSH DARN MUCH! 


So make it why don'tcha..and get the pat on the backs and the "Oh. My. Gosh. This is so gooood" reactions that you know you want! 


Ok ok..no more words from me..let's make some CAKE! You'll be lucky if you have any left to serve anyone else!




Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake
(adapted from here)


1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup milk 
3.4 ounce box Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
1/2 cup sour cream
15 ounce can pumpkin
For Cinnamon Drizzle:
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For Frosting Drizzle:
3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 stick butter (4 tbsp.)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Ok lets get started! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan very liberally (this cake will stick if you don't). 
In a mixer or large bowl, pour the cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, pudding mix, sour cream, and pumpkin. Mix for about 1 minute on low speed (if you are mixing it by hand, you WILL need some muscle behind your stirring). 









Pour the mixture into your pan (you will melt when you smell the aroma of the batter..I dare you not to taste it!) and spread evenly with a spatula. 


Place butter into a microwave safe bowl and melt, about 30-40 seconds. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to bowl, mixing until combined. Drizzle mixture evenly over cake then take a knife and run it through to swirl (it doesn't have to look pretty unless you're OCD like me).
Bake cake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through and remove. 


Melt 1/2 stick of butter and add powdered sugar and vanilla. It should be pretty runny, not thick (you can add a little milk if it gets too thick). Drizzle over warm cake then let it cool before cutting into squares. Refrigerate if not serving same day.  

The cake is served...and it's all MINE! :)

The Wife
P.S. Did you taste it yet? Mmmmmm...yummers.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I seriously A D O R E each of your comments!! Your feedback & love make my heart happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...