November 4, 2011

Cold Days+Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili=Happiness!

There is nothing like waking up refreshed and ready to go for the day, only to walk out your door into...the cold weather! That's when I turn around, walk back in my house and get out my crockpot!


This recipe is SO easy and SO delicious (and that's what I'm all about)! I love eating yummy warm food on cold cold days...and since it isn't getting any warmer outside, now is the  perfect time to make this. The Hub asked for seconds and thirds, so I know it was gooood!


Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili
(adapted from here)
  • 3-4 Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts (thawed)
  • 1 16-oz can black beans
  • 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 onion (chopped)
  • 10 oz package frozen corn kernels (or canned)
  • 1/2 can fresh salsa
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1 tbsp. cumin
Optional (but SO WORTH IT): 
  • 1 tbsp. chili powder (makes it pretty spicy)
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
  • Sour Cream
  • Shredded Jack Cheese
  • Crumbled tortilla chips
Directions: 

Combine all ingredients together in the crockpot/slowcooker (except for Chicken & optional ingredients).

Place chicken on top of mixture and cover with lid. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. 30 minutes before you are ready to eat it, shred the chicken in the pot and re-cover. 

**Top with cilantro (if you want to), sour cream, shredded cheese, and chips.

Mmmm...it warms my soul just thinking about eating this again!


On a side note, my little fam drove up the canyon last weekend to see the beautiful colors of the leaves. Uh...we waited a little too long and the leaves were pretty much gone, but we still had fun! 


Have a great weekend!

The Wife
Pin It

1 comment:

I seriously A D O R E each of your comments!! Your feedback & love make my heart happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...